I've Moved! : qocf.blogspot.com
Although I have been absent from the blogging world for far too long (owing to a new job and massive lack of time to take photos / do anything other than work and see friends) I have decided to re-kindle the flame and get my creative hat on once more. A massive thank you to Lily for the encouragement to keep on blogging!
I am hoping that starting afresh will encourage equally fresh new ideas and directions in 2013 and beyond. Thanks to everyone who has ever visited my little blog, I hope to see you at the new space soon.
Queen of Carrot Flowers
Hello lovelies. Halloween is here and so are these amazingly ghoulish looking parrot tulips, aren't they fantastic? I have been hunting around for some black tulips to go with them in the vase but to no avail, next year perhaps. I hope you are all in a suitably spooky mood this evening, I'm planning to watch Carrie and Heathers with a giant bowl of popcorn while hoping we don't get many trick-or-treaters so I can eat all their sweets ;-)
Just to let you know I am in the process of up-dating my camera equipment at the moment which is the reason for the sporadic single photo posting, trying to create visual content is tough when you armed only with a phone! I will be back soon with a shiny new camera and lots more posting enthusiasm.
I'm trying to do a little drawing every day, taking inspiration from nature and the seasons. I am planning to do a series based on pictures of mushrooms, they are so photogenic!
Another shamelessly lazy instant update!
1. An allotment gift from my Aunt of raw beetroot, we grated it in a salad with some feta
2. Market treats bought on the South Bank at the end of the day (Graham managed to get a giant hunk of sour dough for a mere £2, I love that man!)
3. Low autumn sun shining through the trees
4. Supplies for more feathers, coming soon!
5. Karina sent me a stunningly generous collection of oya crochet samples and a beautiful little pressed ginko leaf and a very pretty art print postcard. Thank you Karina, you always send the most perfect letters.
6. Trees of China Town
7. New member of the house plant family
8. Stocking up on garlic, I use it in pretty much everything I cook
I have a slightly embarrassing habit of getting really excited about 'seasonal things', something that caused me to eat an unreasonable amount of peaches and get sunburn on three separate occasions this summer. Now at the faintest hint of autumn in the air I'm clacking knitting needles and putting cinnamon on everything. It's not quite time for woolly socks and leafy walks just yet but if you want to get in the mood for the season try a whiskey with ginger beer, works every time ;-)